M24 Chaffee

Detail

The M24 Chaffee came into service in the closing months of WW2 seeing action in the Rhine crossings and the advance through Germany.

The turret mounted a 75 mm main armament, which was derived from an aircraft cannon design.

The chassis was used for a whole family of support variants; the vehicle stayed in service long after the end of the war.

The Chaffee replaced the Stuart in the reece troops of some armoured regiments, including the 8th Hussars.

Technical Specifications

Crew:5
Armament:1 x 75mm
1 x .50 Machine-gun
1 x .30 Browning Machine-gun
Engine:2 x Cadillac 100 bhp V8 Petrol
Max Speed:30mph
Year into service:1943

Armoured fighting Vehicles Index

Contact Information
QRH Museum
Trinity Mews
Priory Road
Warwick CV34 4NA

Telephone:

01926 402459
Social Media