Keeping the Peace in Ireland 1815-37

Keeping the Peace in Ireland

Between 1815 and 1837 The King’s Own was stationed in England and Ireland performing the duty more of a gendarmerie than an Army during years of considerable social unrest.

In 1818 the regiment’s name was changed once more to “3rd The King’s Own Light Dragoons”.

Contact Information
QRH Museum
Trinity Mews
Priory Road
Warwick CV34 4NA


01926 402459
Social Media
Recent Articles