The Aden Emergency
Aden was originally of interest to Britain as an anti-piracy station to protect shipping on the routes to British India.
With the opening of the Suez Canal in 1869, it further served as a coaling station.
In 1964 the British 24th Infantry Brigade arrived to conduct land operations.
It remained in Aden and the Aden Protectorate until November 1967.